There is of course a huge range of useful non-prescription medicines available at chemists, but if you run out of a regular prescription medicines you can obtain a supply out of hours without a prescription from a pharmacist or other source so you should never be without – this could be dangerous.
There are a selection of local pharmacies that will be open late.
Tel: 020 8904 2071
Address: 14 The Broadway, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 8JU
Out of Hours Emergency Contraception
There are a variety of methods available, but it is essential you use it as soon as possible after the event for best results.
You can also get the emergency contraceptive pill from:
- Some pharmacies (find pharmacies near you) we recommend seeing your Pharmacist in the first instance, this will be far quicker than attending an Emergency department
- Most NHS walk-in centres and minor injuries units
- Some Accident and Emergency departments
You can get the emergency contraceptive pill and the IUD from:
- GP – we will always fit you in urgently, please ask at reception.
- Your local Contraceptive clinic (find a clinic)
- A sexual health Clinic (find sexual health services)
- Some genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics
- Some young people’s clinics (call 0800 567123)